Processing of personal data in Rental Group AS and its subsidiaries (the “Company”)
In our contact with you as a customer, business partner, supplier, user of our webpage or job seeker, we will need to process your personal data. We are committed to ensuring that the personal data we receive is processed safely and in accordance with the privacy regulations.
This privacy statement describes how the Company processes your personal data, including why we process personal data and your rights related to the processing of personal data. Each company will act as data controller for selected processing activities in connection with its business.
Contact information for the Company is:
Address: Fornebuveien 1, 1366 Lysaker
Telephone: +47 412 08 400
Organization no.: 920 298 443
Contact person: Tore Boger
1. Why do we collect personal data and what kind of information do we collect?
We collect and use your personal data for various purposes depending on who you are and how we engage with you.
- Responding to inquiries received by us via our webpage or other channels. Personal data that is processed will typically be name, telephone number, e-mail address and any other personal data that may accompany the inquiry. The information is collected via contact form, e-mail inquiry, when filling in applications/forms or when you contact us in another way. The processing of personal data takes place based on a balancing of interests, where we have assessed that it is necessary for us to process this personal data in order to follow up your inquiry in a sufficient way.
The company will be responsible for handling inquiries submitted to the company.
- If you apply for a job with us, we must process your personal data to assess your application and carry out reference checks and interviews. The employment process involves processing the information you provide through the documents you send us, including applications, CVs, diplomas and certificates. In addition, we may collect information from others, for example through conversations with references. Processing of the personal data is done to make sure that we find the most suitable candidate for the position.
- In the application process, you have the option to tick off whether you want to be considered for other positions, and we will then store your CV in our systems for two years for consideration of any other relevant positions. This is based on your consent, and you can withdraw your consent at any time and request that your CV be removed from our systems.
- The company will be responsible for processing applications for positions in the company. The company uses the recruitment and staffing solution RecMan to manage employment processes, and this solution is provided by Recruitment Manager AS.
Additional information about how we process your personal data in a recruitment process is provided in RecMan.
- Marketing, newsletters and information about our business. We occasionally send out relevant information by e-mails and newsletters to recipients in established customer relationships or recipients who have consented to this. When you sign up for the newsletter, you consent that we process your contact information such as name, e-mail address, address and telephone number in order to send you the newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or other information, you can notify us at any time that you do not wish to be on our recipient list via the link at the bottom of the newsletter. The basis for such processing is our legitimate interest in sending information and marketing inquiries to interested parties.
The company is responsible for the processing of mailings and newsletters related to its business and its customers.
- Cooperation with external parties. For cooperation with and follow-up of customers, suppliers and other partners, it is necessary to store information in order to fulfil our contractual obligations as well as plan and carry out assignments and projects. Personal data that is processed can typically be name, e-mail, telephone number and any other personal data that is necessary in the specific assignment or project work. The personal data is typically linked to contact persons or other project participants at the business in question. The reason for such processing is that the processing is necessary to administer and/or fulfil an agreement or that the processing is necessary to safeguard our legitimate interest in proper operation and/or organization of our own business.
When renting machines and equipment, we can carry out credit checks on customers. For this we use Experian and Bisnode. To rent with Rental Group AS, a credit check that is 3 months old or newer must be available. Private customers receive a return letter from our supplier about this.
GPS tracking: If you rent/use a machine from Rental Group Ekspert, Rental Group Machine, Rental Group Tunnel or Rental Group Service, GPS tracking is installed in the machine. The GPS system is called track unit and is a tracking system. This history is retained for one year and is then automatically erased.
The company is responsible for processing related to its agreements and its operations.
2. Disclosure of personal data to others and use of data processors
We do not pass on your personal data to others unless there is a legal reason for such disclosure. Examples of such a reason would typically be an agreement with you or a legal reason that requires us to release the data.
The company uses data processors to collect, store or otherwise process personal data. This will typically apply to the delivery and operation of IT services, accounting services we use in our business and operation of our webpages. In such cases, we have entered into data processing agreements to safeguard data security at all stages of the processing.
3. Retention time
We retain your personal data as long as necessary depending on the purpose for which the personal data was collected. In some cases, there may be different regulations that requires us to retain the data for a certain period, for example in the Bookkeeping Act there are such requirements.
Personal data we process to fulfil an agreement is initially erased when all obligations arising from the contractual relationship have been fulfilled, while we will still retain some history for documentation purposes. Personal data we process on the basis of your consent is erased if you withdraw your consent, unless there is another legal reason for further processing.
4. Your rights when we process your personal data
You have the right of access, rectification or the right of erasure of your personal data. You also have the right to demand limited processing, object to the processing and you can request that your personal data be transferred to you or to another business in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can read more about the content of these rights on the Norwegian Data Protection Authority’s webpage: www.datatilsynet.no. Note that there may be exceptions to the individual rights mentioned above.
To claim your rights, you can contact us using the contact information at the top of the page. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible, and within 30 days at the latest.
We may ask you to confirm your identity or to provide additional data before we allow you to exercise your rights. This is done to make sure that access is only given to you – and not to someone pretending to be you.
If you believe that our processing of personal data is not in accordance with what has been described here or that we are in breach of privacy legislation in other ways, you can complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority. You can find information on how to contact the Norwegian Data Protection Authority on the Norwegian Data Protection Authority’s webpage: www.datatilsynet.no. We request you to contact us before you complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority, so that we can consider your claim and clarify any misunderstandings.